Natasha is young, Anatole is hot, and Andrey isn’t here…but, what about Pierre?
Pierre is here all right, in the body and miraculous voice of JOSH GROBAN, who makes his Broadway debut in this dazzling production.
From the celebrated and award-winning composer, Dave Malloy, comes NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812, an electropop opera based on a scandalous slice of Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace. This new musical steps into a glamorous, romantic world of chandeliers, vodka and caviar in the salons and opera houses of 19th Century Moscow, where passions ignite as Napoleon’s war rages outside the city. Immersive and thrilling, cast and musicians swirl among audience members, bringing to life the heart of literature’s most epic tale of love and fate.
Music, Lyrics, Book and Orchestrations by Dave Malloy adapted from “War and Peace” by Leo Tolstoy
Directed by Rachel Chavkin
- TWO TONY AWARDS
- TWELVE TONY AWARD NOMINATIONS INCLUDING BEST MUSICAL
- DRAMA DESK AWARD
- FOUR DRAMA DESK AWARD NOMINATIONS
- TWO OUTER CRITICS CIRCLE AWARDS
- THREE OUTER CRITICS CIRCLE AWARD NOMINATIONS
- THREE DRAMA LEAGUE AWARD NOMINATIONS INCLUDING OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION OF A MUSICAL
- CHITA RIVERA AWARD NOMINATION OUTSTANDING ENSEMBLE IN A BROADWAY SHOW
- FOUR THEATRE WORLD AWARDS
- ACTOR’S EQUITY ASSOCIATION ACCA AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING BROADWAY CHORUS
- NINE AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD NOMINATIONS INCLUDING FAVORITE NEW MUSICAL
- TWO SMITHSONIAN AMERICAN INGENUITY AWARDS
- AEA EXTRAORDINARY EXCELLENCE IN DIVERSITY ON BROADWAY AWARD